When it comes to flooring, the major options are concrete or wood. It can have concrete tiles or wooden tiles. Whereas some use carpets on top of the regular flooring. Different people have different taste as well as their options are not the same when it comes to flooring. However, wooden flooring has a lot of appeal for many wealthy people which can afford quality wooden tiles for their floor. Here are the major advantages of wooden flooring which some other flooring options cannot provide, and if if you decide to take your interest further visit a Wood Flooring Specialist Cardiff.
- Easy to clean – Though plain concrete or concrete tiles are also easy to clean, wooden flooring is a lot easier to clean when compared with carpets. Carpets require special attention and more time just to make it as clean as wooden flooring.
- Long lasting – Though concrete is often considered sturdy, quality wooden flooring will last as long as concrete or even longer. There are even wooden flooring which last more than a century. This can be observed on old houses which use wooden flooring.
- Hygienic – Carpet is the perfect place for parasites, bacteria or small insects to live and multiply. Constant contact with carpet can become a risk for children. On the other hand, wooden flooring does not provide the ideal conditions for organisms to live in thus regular cleaning is enough to make wooden flooring hygienic.
- Allow under floor heating – During winter, the floor can become the main platform for your body to lose heat. However, wooden flooring allows under floor heating system which is a great way to provide heat during winter.
- Repair cost less – Carpets are hard to repair. In fact, if it is damage, most people have to replace the whole carpet. Concrete is also difficult to repair if damaged. On the other hand, wooden flooring is easy to repair. If there is a scratch or damage on a wooden tile, sanding and reapplying of varnish can make it look brand new. The worst would be to replace the single wooden tile.
- Classic look – Wooden flooring has been used for many centuries thus houses with wooden flooring have classic look. It is perfect for classical designed houses.
- Odor free – Odor stains are very hard to remove from the carpet. On the other hand, wooden flooring will not hold odor especially if the stained area is cleaned immediately.
- Increase property value – According to realtors, properties with wooden flooring has more value in the market compared to concrete flooring.
- Warm – Concrete flooring is cold and can make the body lose heat. Meanwhile, wooden flooring is warm on the feet which gives a comfortable feeling.
- Affordable – Though quality wooden flooring cost way more than concrete flooring on the past decades, today’s manufacturing methods make it possible for wooden flooring to be affordable for all people.
In case you decide to install a wooden flooring in your home, make sure to hire quality wooden flooring contractors to get the best deals of quality flooring services.